Power Grid Protector
Play the game to help Hawai'i’s power grid reach 100% clean energy!
How to Play the Game
– Each player is dealt five cards from the deck.
– Player chooses which card to play and alternates turns with the computer.
– After playing one card, the player will receive a new card so they will always have five cards in their hand.
– If Player hits Peak Load Panic and their city blacks out, but they can still continue to play and try to reach 100% Clean Energy!
– Renewable Energy & Saver cards help you reach 100% Clean Energy.
– Fossil Fuel & Waster cards block your opponent from reaching 100% Clean Energy.
Types of cards
– Energy Waster: Adds DIRTY energy to OPPONENT’S grid
– Energy Saver: Adds CLEAN energy to YOUR grid
– Renewable Energy: Adds 400 kW of CLEAN energy to YOUR grid
– Fossil Fuel: Adds 400 kW of DIRTY energy to OPPONENT’S grid
– Energy Quiz:
- Correct answer = CLEAN energy to YOUR grid
- Incorrect answer = DIRTY energy to YOUR grid