Road to Renewable
Energy Bolts, Wind Glides, and Solar Slides… oh my!
Play to see who is the first to reach 100% Renewable Energy.
Here’s how to play!
- Draw (click) a card from the deck to start the game.
- Say Watt? cards = Choose the correct answer and your token will move forward accordingly. Token stays put with incorrect answers.
- Bolt cards = Read the card and your token will move forward or backward accordingly.
- Solar Panel square = Land on a solar panel square and your token will solar-slide over to the next solar panel! (or move up one tile if you are past the 1st Solar Square).
- Direct Current (DC) square = Land on a DC square and your token will bolt to the next Alternating Current (AC) square!
- Wind Energy square = Land on a wind energy square and your token will glide to the next wind energy square! (or move up one tile if you are past the 1st Wind Square).
- Don’t worry! You cannot move backward on the solar or wind squares, or from AC → DC.
- Peak Load Panic! = Oh no! There’s too much energy demand for the grid to handle. (Rolling Blackout! → move back 2 squares).
- 50% Renewable Energy square = Once a player hits the 50% milestone, they are safe from going back beyond this square.
- Have fun! The first to reach 100% renewable energy wins!